Thursday, October 7, 2010

I DON'T Like it...

I'm a little disturbed by this newest facebook trend.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for breast cancer awareness, but is this really the way to go about it? To insinuate to all your friends where you like to have sex, while seemingly actually to be referring to your purse?
First off, why not use some fact about breast cancer, the percentage of women it affects, or remind women to do an exam. With what they're doing now, no one is learning anything real and the majority of people probably don't even realize it's somehow connected to breast cancer awareness month (in fact, it doesn't seem connected at all and if google hadn't told me that it is, I'd still be clueless). It's all about playing this sexually tinted game and the fact that it's for breast cancer awareness seems to just be an unmentioned side point.
But mainly, it bothers me to see how many of my frum, even married friends are doing this. Do they really think it's appropriate to do such a thing?

Anyway, in stead of going on a big rant I decided to do some research and find out how one can really raise some awareness. I found this http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/ where you can make your own early detection plan. This is what will be mentioned in my next facebook status. Maybe you can join me in that and try to raise some real awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment